Please choose applicant type:
- Freshman Student Applicant - High School Senior or 0 to 23 semester hours of college level work since HS Graduation or receiving a GED.
- Transfer Student Applicant - 24 or more college semester hours since graduating from high school or receiving a GED.
- Graduate Student Applicant - Someone who has completed or about to complete a bachelors and wanting a Master's Degree or Post-Baccalaureate Certification.
- International Student Applicant - Not a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Audit Applicant - To enroll in course(s) for non credit.
- Transient Applicant - Someone planning to attend one semester only.
- Dual Credit - High School students wanting to earn college credit.
- Early Admission - Students who have completed their junior year in high school are eligible to enroll at UTPB under the Early Admission Program (EAP)
- Former Student - Students who have previously attended UTPB
Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Required
Effective October 1, 2013, all new students and those who are returning after a one semester absence and under the age of 22 will be required to show evidence that they have received the bacterial meningitis vaccination or eligible for an exemption prior to enrolling. The vaccination dose or booster must be during the five-year period preceding and at least 10 days prior to the first day of class or prior to moving into on-campus housing (whichever is applicable). Students taking online courses only (no on-campus based courses) are not required to have the vaccination. Send evidence of the vaccination or qualified exemption to UTPB Admissions, 4901 E University Blvd, Odessa, TX 79762. For more information about the immunization requirements and exclusions, please refer to the Texas Department of Health Services, Immunization Branch (MC 1946), PO Box 149347, Austin, TX 78714-9347. Exemption information based on Medical reasons or for reasons of conscience can be found at "College Vaccine Requirements".
Entering Freshmen and International Students:
- Fall Semester - July 15
- Spring Semester - November 15
- Summer Term - April 15
Transfer Students & Non-Degree & Summer Transients:
Transfer students may apply through the registration dates. However, to provide better advising services to the students it is strongly recommended that the application and all required documentation be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the date of enrollment.
There is no application deadline for audit (non-credit) applications.
For graduate student application information, please see Office of Graduate Studies
There is no fee to submit an application