FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid link. Be sure to use the correct URL - www.fafsa.ed.gov. Another website at the address of www.fafsa.com is a commercial link and will charge for services.
General Scholarship Application - All students are encouraged to fill out both a FAFSA and the General Scholarship Application. The General Scholarship Application is the form that is used to apply for all endowed scholarships. Endowed scholarships are awarded based on donor requirements and are given out on a first come basis. Select the application for the year that you wish to apply and return the form to the Office of Financial Aid.
ABOUT THIS SITE
Welcome to the web pages of the Office of Financial Aid at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin. We are confident this site will answer many of your questions and assist you in the process of applying for and receiving financial aid.
The links to the left will help you navigate the site. Here is what you will find:
- General Information - office hours, contact information and links to staff.
- Helpful Hints - tips for ensuring speed and accuracy.
- Application Process - outlines the proper steps to applying for financial aid
- Types of Financial Aid - grants, state exemptions, loans, scholarships, work study.
- FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid link. Be sure to use the correct URL - www.fafsa.ed.gov. Another website at the address of www.fafsa.com is a commercial link and will charge for services.
- Forms - all forms created by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Disbursement Dates - tentative dates of disbursement.
- Entrance/Exit Interviews - direct link to entrance and exit counseling for students who are taking out a student loan. Only students receiving loans are required to do entrance and exit counseling.
- FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions, sorted by topic (loans, scholarships).
- Satisfactory Academic Progress- qualitative and quantitative requirements to remain in good standing for financial aid purposes.
- Related Websites - other sites that may be helpful
- Location on Campus - a map depicting the office location
- Contact - contact information
- Falcon Promise
- Work Study Positions
- R2T4 - Students who withdraw before completion of 60% of the semester will be responsible for paying all unearned aid as calculated by the Office of Student Financial Aid.