Position: Resident Assistant
The Resident Assistant is a student staff member who assumes major responsibilities at student housing to develop an environment of comfortable living, academic excellence, safety, and personal growth for the residents. The RA will support and carry out the objectives, policies, and regulations of the University and Student Housing. As a member of the Student Housing staff, the RA is part of a team, and must establish effective working relationships with other University personnel.
The hours will be 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m., Monday - Friday and the weekends 8:00 a.m. Saturday - 8:00 a.m. Monday. Note: Hours will be set up on a rotation shift schedule plus some office hours required. A salary of $200 per month plus a furnished private room will be provided. Salary may increase depending on qualifications.
Candidates for the Resident Assistant position should:
- Possess an active interest and positive attitude with the residents at Student Housing (both academic and social). Requires sponsoring programs each month to include academic and social.
- Prefer a graduate student, senior, or junior.
- Minimum cumulative UTPB GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Prefer residence in UTPB Student Housing or other higher education housing and demonstrated leadership experience.
- No current or pending disciplinary sanctions.
- Any outside employment during the week or on weekends must be pre-approved.
- Must have 2 nights available Monday through Thursday, (required class schedule at interview, and no classes after 5pm on those 2 nights).
Student Housing Office:
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.