UTPB Police Department's Policy for Loast and Found
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin maintains a secure facility for Lost and Found items which are turned into the police department’s front window. The following is the Department’s policy on Lost and Found items:
- Unclaimed items are maintained at the Police Department for a period of seven (7) days. After the initial 7 days, unclaimed property is turned over to the UT – Permian Basin Property manager (Central Stores Supervisor).
- Unclaimed property will be held at the Central Store Location for a period of sixty (60) days. All personal property which remains unclaimed at the expiration of sixty (60) days shall be deemed to be “abandoned” and may be sold.
- UT- Permian Basin Police department does not accept clothing, including coats and jackets.
- Food and drink containers are not accepted either
- Data sensitive materials are destroyed if unclaimed so to prevent unauthorized use of confidential information.
Items maintained in Lost and Found include:
- Books, notebooks, and planners
- Sunglasses, prescription eyewear
- Cell Phones
- Radios / iPods
- Computer Equipment
- Other Miscellaneous items